A. Library Card:
A prospective member can avail this facility by approaching to an authorized library official. In case of students, the applicant has to be a currently a registered student. In case of faculty/ Staff, the application is duly forwarded through registrar. Every effort would be made to make the card available to the applicant within 03 (three) working days.
B. Loan privilege and period of loan:
The number of books that could be borrowed by a member from the library depends on the credentials (decided from time to time) of a member.
Students : 02 Books for 08 days
Faculty Members : 15 books for one semester
Other Staff : 10 books for 30 days
Book Bank Scheme : 06 books for one semester
C. General rules/information for library users:
1. The library card is not transferable.
2. Members are responsible for any damage caused by them to the books or any other property belonging to the library and shall be required to pay the penalty imposed upon them by the librarian.
3. The librarian reserves the right to suspend the membership of any member found misbehaving, abusing the library staff and or behaving in an indecent manner or engaging in activities which will disrupt harmony and peace in the campus.
4. The members caught tearing pages/stealing of books will be suspended forth with from using the library facilities and further disciplinary action will be initiated against them by the Institute.
5. Books/Journals etc. removed from the shelves should not be placed back, but left on reading tables which will be kept back in the respective shelves by the library staff
6. Project Reports material should not be taken out of the library.
7. Each member will be issued a library card. If the library card is lost, Rs.20/- will be charged for an issue of duplicate.
8. Borrower should check the book before borrowing. If a book is torn, soiled due to rain, stained due to photocopying or loose from binding, this should be reported to the library staff at the counter. Borrower is responsible for the condition of the book while returning.
9. Borrower retaining book beyond the due date will be required to overdue charge of Rs. 2 per day per book.
10. A minimum fine of Rs.200/- will be charged for any book damaged due to photocopying, rains, stains, torn, loose binding or plastic cover of the books being removed or torn.
11. Library members, who have paid deposit, should claim their deposit amount within one year from the date of expiry of their membership failing which the amount will be forfeited.
12. If a book is lost or damaged, the borrower must replace the book, or in case of non-availability, pay the cost at the rate then prevailing, or the original rate.
13. A person loosing or damaging library books repeatedly shall be debarred from using the library.
14. Smoking, eatables and drinks are not allowed in the Library and reading hall.
15. Mobile phones to be switched off or to be kept on silent mode in the library premises.
16. All readers are required to maintain discipline in the library.
17. Library staff will not be responsible for reader’s personal books.
18. Library users may be asked to present their bag for inspection by library staff, as well as any books or folders they are carrying.
19. Photography is not permitted unless permission is sought- via security staff in the first instance.
20. CD-ROMs will be issued only for the use in the office during issue hours.
21. All the members must return the books/publications borrowed by them to the library, when called for by the library for physical verification or for any other purpose.
22. No outsider can use library resources without written permission from faculty in-charge Library.
23. The following categories of books, journals etc. shall not be issued out of the library.
Books treated as reference by the library.
Bound and unbound journals, bulletins, reports etc.
24. Photocopying Service is available in the Library. Document Such as Seminar Reports, Mini Project reports and Projects reports will not be permitted for photocopying purpose.
D. Overdue of books:
1. No overdue publications are renewed over telephone or through any kind of message/letter. The publications are to be presented physically at the issue counter for renewal.
2. Overdue charge is Re. 2/- per day per book. The statement of fine in respect of every member of the Institute will be sent to the accounts section for recovery.
3. If any member fails to return books, library will issue a reminder after one month from the due date and then the case will be put up to Director for necessary action.
4. If any of the borrowed publications is not returned within three months from the due date then it will be presumed that the book is lost and a notice will be issued giving two weeks time for replacement failing which recovery will be made.
E. Book Bank Rules & Regulations:
1. As per the scheme, maximum 6 books (depending on availability) of the current subjects may be issued to the student for one semester and students are expected to return the books within a week from the date of final examination of semester.
2. The book will be given to the SC & ST Categories students
3. All those students who are availing the facility must ensure timely return of the entire set of books provided to them within seven days of completion of their examination in the concerned semester.
4. If any student availing the facility losses the book / damages the book / disfigures the book, he/she shall replace the volumes with new book (or pay 2 times the cost of book when the book is not available in market).
5. Students are advised to make effective use of these valuable books. You are requested to ensure discipline and cooperation for the smooth functioning of this facility.
F. Reading Room Rules:
All kind of queries by the users are being performed by this section. Please read the general library rules for the details regarding new membership registration, overdue charges, borrowing facility, fine for lost/ damaged books, and other norms. The library circulation section performs various activities like:
1. Providing library membership and issuing a barcode generated ID card.
2. Issuing a duplicate library cards in loss.
3. Issue/Return/Re-Issue and reservation of books, compact disk, bound volumes, etc.
4. Collection and remittance of overdue charges, reminders for overdue books.
5. Cancellation of membership and issue of No-dues.
6. Recovering the cost of books if loss by users. .
All the library users must sign in /out register lying with the attendant at the gate.
Users should maintain peace and silence in the library and should not disturb other readers in the library. Smoking /eating/drinking is strictly prohibited in the library premises.
Users leaving the library should permit the library staff to examine their personal belongings, if so required.
All members are requested to keep their mobiles switched off.
1. Copyright law must be observed in all copying of Library material and in all copying carried out in the Library, whether by reprographic or any other means. Current copyright licensing rules are displayed next to Library photocopiers.
2. Ph.D. thesis, MBA thesis, M Tech thesis and other related material will be treated as intellectual property of the library. No part of the above publication may bereproduced, stored in or introduced into a retrieval system or transmitted in any form or by any means (electronic, mechanical, photocopying recording or otherwise) without the prior written permission of both library committee and the Director.